Rod Pocket Custom Drapes
Rod Pocket Custom Drapes
Drape windows with dramatic flair using customized rod pocket drapery panels from Crown! Slide them onto your drapery poles with a minimum of fuss and watch the shirr-topped fabric fall in gathered folds to transform windows to become focal points of a room. Available in varied fabric textures, shades, and prints, these Crown drapery panels will match virtually any interior setting, both formal and informal. Customize windows further by using the drapes in combination with other window dressings like honeycomb or Roman shades for added insulation and privacy. Choose from a splendid range of drapery hardware and accouterments like tie backs, cords and tassels to stylize your window imagery. Pair the drapery with matched specialty valances for a Victorian appeal to rooms. The drapes are so versatile in function that you could consider any number of decorating options.
Best Selling Blinds, Shades, Shutters & Drapery
- Zebra Sheer Shades
- Graber Mezzanine Layered Zebra Sheer Shades
- Virtual Cord Z-Wave LightWeaves Blackout Roller Shades
- Virtual Cord Z-Wave LightWeaves® Graber® Roller Shades
Rod pockets are narrow, tube-like, horizontal openings tailored onto the backs of the drapery headers, either using the same fabric, or rod pocket tapes so that the drapery can be easily slid on to drapery poles with no effort at all. The rod pockets are stitched flush with the top edge of drapes, or those who like the shirred gathers on the drapery tops can have the rod pockets stitched a little below the top edge of the curtains – for e.g., if you’re using o drapery rod of a 1.5” diameter, have the rod pocket stitched on 1.5” below the edge of the drape; for a 3” diameter rod, have the rod pocket stitched 3” below the top edge of the curtain.
Consider your drapery hardware before deciding on drape dimensions - it’s always better to have the drapery rod affixed with a minimum overhang of 4” on either side of the window frame. Include the overhang in your sizing estimations and go for an optimal 2.5:1 drapery fullness to window ratio.
Select your fabric from an endless array of textured prints and colors – ivory Aston stripe, Amagansett sorbet, walnut Camelot, Coventry chambray, light blue Lyon, etc – to coordinate drapery to your interiors to create an aura of supreme elegance.
Enhance the functionality of your rod pocket drapes by opting for one of the various lining options available –
- Standard lightweight lining that protects the drapes from the sun, in white or ivory.
- Thermal sateen lining made of medium weight 100% cotton with a smooth sheen finish and a layer of insulating rayon flock, in white or ivory.
- Privacy lining in a triple layer fabric made of 100% polyester interwoven with blackout material that blocks 95% of the sunlight and lends a beautiful fall to the drapes.
- Premium privacy lining made of heavyweight 100% cotton interwoven with blackout acrylic foam and rayon flock. Ideal for use with light filtering drapery, this lining makes for a crisp, tailored fall.
Swag the drapes back to either side of the window with contoured tie backs to allow light into a room or simply pull the drapery back to the sides of the window for a clearer view outside.
Dry-clean drapery to maintain a crisp and fresh appeal.