Analysis of Different Aspects of Z wave Motor For Blinds And Other Motorized Systems
If you want to purchase motorized window treatments (like the motorized sun shades exterior or the motorized skylight blackout shades) then it will be necessary to check several aspects to make the right selection.
As such, our focus here will be on analyzing different aspects of motorized systems so that it becomes easier to choose the most suitable option for your home.
Compatibility | Integration | Suitability | Power | Features
Aspect #1: Compatibility with Window Treatments
- Before purchasing any particular type of Z Wave Motor For Blinds and shades you will have to know whether it will be compatible with your window coverings
- You need to be aware of the fact that it is possible to motorize most window treatments, but not all motors work with each and every type of window treatment
- Thus, you need to be sure that the motor you are going to purchase will work seamlessly with all your window treatments
- Or sometimes, your size may lock you out of the motorized shades you want as it is too large for the motor to handle
Aspect #2: Integration with Apps and Remote
- To control your blinds and shades remotely, you will have to know whether the motorized window treatments you are going to purchase will work with the mobile apps and smart hubs that you have
- Additionally, you need to be sure that the app for the product will work on your smartphone
- For instance, if the product has an app that works only on iPhones and you have an Android phone then said the motorized system will not be useful for you
- Additionally, you need to examine the different remote options which would easily integrate with the motor you are planning to purchase
There are remotes that function like a central hub for various home automation features and there are remotes that work just to control a set of blinds or shades. So, you will have to analyze your requirements and make a selection that will be appropriate for you.
Aspect #3: Suitability of Different Control Options
Infrared (IR) | Radio Frequency (RF)
Remote controls for motorized blinds and shades (such as remote control skylight blinds and remote control skylight shades) can have different control options. It will be your responsibility to examine these options and make the right selection. Let us go through the details here.
Infrared (IR): If you are looking for basic functionality wherein the remote will be controlling window treatments that are in the line of sight then you can select this type of IR controlled remote.
This option will also be suitable when the window treatments are to be operated individually.
Radio Frequency (RF): If you are looking for advanced control system so that you can simultaneously control window treatments in different rooms then radio frequency operated remote control will be right for you.
- Using this type of remote you will be able to control window treatments individually as well as in groups
- The good thing about RF technology is that your window treatments need not be directly in front of the controller to function
- There are remotes available which allow you to control window treatments in a single room, entire floor or building with relative ease
- Thus, when purchasing skylight shades and blinds remote control, you need to check the control options remote has and make a selection as per your needs
Aspect #4: Power Option
Battery Powered | Hardwired
There are different options when it comes to powering your motorized window treatments. They can be battery powered, hardwired, solar powered, or plug-in type.
Battery Powered: When you purchase battery powered ones, you will not have to go through the ordeal of wiring the motorized system or bear the additional electrical cost.
If they are solar powered then you will not have to worry about replacing the batteries and be able to go green.
Hardwired: Here each of the blinds has their individual lines that move into a central hub. Since there are no batteries, you will not have worry about replacing batteries for the motor.
Aspect #5: Features of the Motor
The noisiness of the Motor
- Advancement in technology has made it possible to manufacture almost silent motors
- However, before making a purchase you should personally check the motor to see how it works
- At that time, you should pay attention to sound it makes to be sure that you are comfortable with the amount of sound it makes
- This will especially be an important point to look into when you are planning to purchase motorized blinds for your bedroom
Durability of Motor
- At the time of purchasing motorized window treatments look for motors that come with a complete warranty
- There are some brands which offer a limited warranty, but such warranty will not be covering all the parts
- Additionally, some brands do offer a complete warranty but that is for a limited period of time
- Thus, your aim should be to look for a brand that offers complete warranty and that too for a longer time period such as three to five years
- You should also carefully go through the fine print regarding the warranty to be sure that the warranty is not prorated
- This means that the warranty will be covering a lesser percentage of their product every year
- This will suggest that the brand does not have confidence in its own product and as such, you will have to look for other brands
Torque and Lifting Capacity
- Another thing to check at the time of buying motorized shades and blinds will be the torque and lifting capacity of the motor
- The motor you purchase should have required torque (or lifting capacity) to efficiently raise or lower your window treatments
- Here, you will have to keep note of the fact that theoretical lifting capability of a motor will be an indicator of torque of the motor
But, the actual amount of load the motor will be able to take will depend upon different factors such as:
Diameter and length of the tube
Kind of friction
Type of accessories that are used
Thus, you will have to ensure that maximum load motor has to bear (including the accessories) is not more than the maximum load rating for the system.
To summarize we will say that there are several options that you need to look into to make the right selection when it comes to choosing the right motorized system for your blinds and shades. You can also take help of our experts to select the right option and complete automation of your window coverings.
All you will have to do is get in touch with us on our toll-free customer support number 1-866-881-8682 and our experts will guide you and help you purchase the right system.