Selection of the right types of blinds for windows can be a difficult task with several options to choose from. As such, our focus here will be on analyzing all the available options so that you can decide what would be best for your home as per style and decor you have selected for your rooms.
Which Types of Blinds for Windows to Select?
In the following sections, we will be looking at different details to help you select the right type of blind.
- We will check the differences between faux wood blinds and roman shades.
- We will examine which has better quality: Levolor or Bali blinds.
- Next, we will explore the best blinds for living room windows.
- We will look at blinds that block out light and heat.
So, let us explore all the details in greater depth in the next few sections.
Roman Shades vs Faux Wood Blinds
Let us first look at faux wood blinds before examining features of roman shades.
Faux Wood Blinds
If you are searching different types of blinds for windows then these blinds are the ideal option if you want something that looks like real wood but also wants durability, flexibility, and a larger size that is not provided by real wood blinds.
These blinds are the right solution in case you want something for your bathroom or kitchen that will not bend or warp (as faux wood blinds are of high-quality PVC) like real wood blind does.
Let us go through few of the main benefits of faux wood blinds here:
- Better Durability: Since they are made from PVC, even if it is a humid environment such as the bathroom, they will not warp.
- Larger Size: Wooden blinds are normally up to the size of 2.4 meters wide but you can have faux wood blinds that are 2.6 meters in width. This additional 20 cm will mean you will not have to split the blinds into smaller sections.
- Vibrant Colors: You will find that faux wood blinds similar to their wooden counterparts. Faux wood slats can also have a grain effect and tones like wood blinds have. In addition, faux wood is available in a wider variety of colors and stains than real wood blinds.
- Affordability: Faux wood blinds tend to be cheaper in comparison to real wood ones.
Many people elect to install Roman shades since they are simple, look elegant, and yet at the same time feel sophisticated. In addition, they easily gel with any type of style you have used in your rooms, whether it is a traditional or more modern style.
As for faux wood blinds, let us also look at the benefits of using roman shades in the following section:
- Different Styles: Roman shades give you the option to choose from different styles as per your needs. As for instance, there are looped shades consisting of folds which provide a waterfall effect and you can also choose flat shades which create horizontal lines.
- Choice of Fabrics: There is a large fabric collection for you to choose from and in addition to it, you can also select from different patterns and prints per your discretion.
- Light Control: These shades can be lined as well as unlined so that you can control the amount of light that gets into your home. Additionally, the liners provide moisture protection and energy efficiency.
- Decorative Options: Roman shades can be simple and streamlined with different styles to choose from along with an option to select shades with or without a valance.
From the above details, it is clear that both faux wood blinds and roman shades have their benefits and features.
You have to examine the room where you want to install the window treatment and make the selection accordingly. For instance, if it is a kitchen or bathroom then faux wood blinds would be a better option in comparison to roman shades.
Let us now move onto another related topic, which is of choosing between Bali and Levolor blinds. So, let us delve into the details in the following sections.
Best Blinds for Living Room Windows
When a guest enters your house, the living room will most likely be the first room they would be coming into. Thus, you will have to put up blinds that will be able to create a lasting impression.
There is no dearth of options in terms of types of blinds for windows when you are looking to decorate your room using window treatments.
For instance, you may want to select wood blinds to get that streamlined and contemporary look and feel. These wood blinds have fine wood grain and flawless construction that will be able to easily attract admiration from your guests.
Similarly, you can blend drapes with blinds as drapes have a free-flowing nature that can easily usher in new life into your living room.
In case, you are looking for blinds that block out light and heat then read on since this is the topic we will be exploring in the next section so that you can make the right selection for your home.
Blinds that Block Out Light and Heat
There are several types of blinds for windows to choose from that block out heat and light, let us look at some of them here.
- There are light filtering blinds that will offer necessary privacy at places such as bathrooms while allowing filtered light to come in.
- On the other hand, if you are looking for complete privacy then room darkening blinds will be the right option for you.
- Cellular blinds are the preferred choice when you are looking to achieve energy efficiency and block out the sun. These trap air in their honeycomb construction and provide greater insulation.
- Another option is solar blinds which will block the harmful UV rays as well as the heat and provide you a much cooler environment within your home.
The Bottom Line
To conclude we can say that selecting the right option can sometimes be difficult due to the availability of so many options.
In such situation, you can take help of experts at ZebraBlinds to take the right decision. Just give us a call on our customer support number: 1-866-881-8682 and we will guide you in making the right selection.
We have the experience and knowledge to guide you in the right direction so that you can choose blinds that will perfectly blend with the style you have selected for your home.