Modern homes call for modern window treatments to add a touch of glamour and style to your house. With competition increasing in the market and technology bringing us a variety of options to choose from, getting the right one can be daunting and can put you in a major dilemma. After all, making the right investment for blinds that last as long as the house itself is crucial.
Sun Filtering Roller Shades For Modern Homes
Roller shades and blinds are formed from pieces of materials that are fixed on a metal or wood roller. These rollers are in turn fixed mostly at the top of a window and then pulled down to form window blinds. They are one of the most popular and effective window treatment options that are used universally across apartments, offices, conference rooms and hotels.
Sun filtering roller shades can be effective window solutions for your bedroom because of the level of privacy they provide apart from UV and glare protection. Whether the window is small, medium-sized or large, roller blinds come in all sizes to go amazingly well with all kinds of windows. In this section, let us discuss the various benefits associated with roller blinds.
Why Roller Blinds Are The Ideal Home Window Blinds
A few of the major advantages of owning these coveted window treatments are listed below.
1) Clean Look: They take up minimum space whether they are rolled up or down. The rods they are mounted on is long and thin, and gives the space a neat and tidy look, making your room look minimally classy with the aesthetic value they bring.
2) Space: As they do not take much space, roller blinds can give way to a lot of empty space that you can use for your comfort. Take a moment to sit on the empty slab, read a book while sipping on coffee or just enjoy the outside view. This is generally not possible in case of, say, heavy velvet curtains that cannot be pulled up but just shoved on the sides.
3) Attractive and Versatile: Whether the colors in your bedroom are dark or light or whether the items placed inside are minimum or cluttered, roller blinds bring a unique look of their own that goes well with the hues of the bedroom perfectly well. They are versatile enough to suit any bedroom and promise to make it more attractive and beautiful.
4) Great Insulators: This feature will come in handy if you want to go for roller blinds to protect your bedroom and its items against sun damage and heat. Certain products like laptops need to be kept safe against the detrimental effects of the sun. Roller blinds provide the necessary protection and keep the temperature inside cozy and fit for a comfortable and unperturbed sleep. It’s also good to go for roller blinds with antibacterial properties that protect the home against dust particles and other harmful materials from entering the house.
5) Low maintenance: Unless you go for motorized options requiring the use of remote controls, roller blinds do not cost much. They are easy to install and can be easily cleaned.
6) Privacy: One of the prime features of installing roller blinds in your bedroom is the amount of privacy they provide from unwanted intruders, which makes them the ultimate day night shades for your home. At the same time, you can have a perfect view of the outside even when the blinds are down. You can go for translucent fabrics which can serve the purpose. Also, since they can be rolled down to the level you want, you can decide the amount of light you want in your room. So enjoy your gossips and be comfortable with roller blinds in place without worrying about creeps getting a good look inside.
Popular Roller Blinds For Bedroom
With their multiple features, designs to die for and a wide assortment of colors you will face difficulties in choosing from, here are some of the most popular roller blinds for your bedroom and other important areas of your home. Consider their qualities and do a thorough research before choosing the one which is best for you.
1) Graber LightWeaves Solar Shades
These shades are perfect for bedrooms where you want protection against ultraviolet radiation without compromising on the amount of sunlight. They filter the intense glare during summers without darkening the room. These blinds come in well-designed solar shades for light filtration. They avoid heating up of the room and keep the room cool, hence lowering your electricity bills.
2) Graber Lightweaves Blackout Roller Shades
They can be mounted on any time of window to block out the sun. Available in many colors such as Essential Beige, Whitehall Nectar, Opulent Ebony and Opulent Parchment, these shades are the ideal solutions to keep sunlight at bay. With them in place, you can enjoy a comfortable sleep or enjoy watching movies or your favorite show without any outside glare disrupting the experience. Apart from that, they reduce ultraviolet radiation and their dense fabric keeps out the dust.
Apart from being great bedroom window blinds, they can also be used in high-moisture areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. They are available in both motorized options as well as in cord arrangements. You might consider the former in case you want the children inside your house safe from getting tangled while playing with the cords.
3) Crown Blackout Roller Shades
They come in both cordless and motorized options. They are the perfect window treatment solutions for a luxurious, beautiful home. You can customize them according to the mount type you need, and they can be installed both inside or outside the window. Before you order them, you can choose their size according to the dimensions of your window. They are available in a variety of colors such as beige, black, cream, grey and white. Their cordless mechanism makes them absolutely safe for children and pets. Their structure is also non-toxic and fragrance-free, making them environmentally friendly.
4) Horizons Light Filtering Spring Roller Shades
Using springs to control the level to which you want to open your blinds is a time-tested and traditional measure that guarantees performance. It also avoids the use of cords and lets you have more control over the lighting in the house. These shades allow diffused light to pass through, letting you enjoy the best of both worlds through heat protection and letting in natural sunlight.
Countryside Pewter, BasketWeave Walnut, AmberWeave Chocolate and Valeria Ivory are some of the widest range of colors available in Horizons Light Filtering Spring Roller Shades. They also provide for a wide number of beautiful patterns in blinds that can be installed and operated easily. You can customize your options by going for decorative trimmings like beads, fringes, and gallops that are available with them.
The sky is the limit when you want to get the best roller blinds for your bedroom. In a variety of materials, textures, features, and designs, these fabulous window treatments are a treat. Whether your house is compact or large, they will prove to be an investment which is worth every penny. They are equally applicable in small and large windows and can be mounted inside or outside the window depending on your liking.