Roller Blinds with Curtains
Decorating your home can be an arduous task. It involves not only investing in the right property that does justice to the money you spent but also depends on your personal choice of furnished products you set inside. Building a nice modular kitchen with necessary fittings, a clean and attractive bathroom, a fantastic living room and a comfortable bedroom is necessary for maintaining peace of mind and a sense of well being when you are home. After all, this is where the heart is, and there shouldn’t be any compromise on it.
Apart from having cushion covers, sofas with a smooth finish and bedsheets with sumptuous prints and design, curtains with multiple features and an attractive look and feel call for attention. One of the first things that visitors notice about your house is the window treatments you have chosen. Different places in the house call for different blinds and roller blinds with curtains or without them are one of the most popular choices for people who want privacy and protection for their windows.
Smart Blinds And Shutters: Advantages of Using Roller Blinds with Curtains
Roller blinds are modern window coverings with a single piece of fabric which is wrapped and folded on the top of the window. They are a shining example of modern and customized smart blinds and shutters. They can be mounted either inside or outside the window and are operated by a pull cord mechanism by which you can decide the level to which you want to pull them down. The following are some of the key benefits people derive from roller blinds.
1) Stylish: Roller blinds add to the aesthetic appeal of the house. They offer a unique and stylish touch and they are bound to catch everyone’s fancy. If you want to go for window coverings that are as easy and pleasant to look at as they are effective, go for these obvious choices.
2) Easy to Operate: These window treatment options are very easy to install and mount without taking much time. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully and measure and order your treatments properly. Once they are mounted, they will hardly take any effort to operate, being user-friendly and convenient.
3) Excellent insulators: One of the primary benefits that people derive from using roller blinds is they help control the amount of sunlight inside the house apart from maintaining the temperature within. With them in place, it is neither too hot or cold inside, just pleasant room temperature during any season. They come with materials with antibacterial properties to protect the house against heat and dust. However, it is important to check the material and their properties carefully before you purchase them.
4) Low maintenance: As they are easy to operate and are not made of premium and expensive materials, they cost less and hardly incur any charges for their maintenance. They can be simply taken off while cleaning with damp cloths or hand washed depending on the care instructions.
5) Privacy: This is the core reason why people shop for blinds in the first place. We all want window treatments in which we can be protected against the harmful ultraviolet radiation of the run as well as noise pollution, which has become so common in urban cities. With their noise-canceling features, they ensure you are less perturbed by outside noises. They can be installed in bedrooms where you can enjoy a sound sleep.
6) Variety: Since they are popular choices for home decoration and styling, roller blinds come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and designs. The different types of roller blinds include sunscreen roller blinds, light filtering roller blinds, and blackout roller blinds.
7) Motorized feature: These are among the more expensive options in the market, and come with remote control feature where you do not require the cord mechanism to pull them up or down. You can operate them from the comfort of your bed, sofa or chair. With the press of a button, you can decide the extent to which you want to keep them open.
8) Durability: Made with high-quality material and specifically designed to combat the ultraviolet radiation from the sun, roller blinds have a long life and hardly fade even after years of use. They will operate and look just as good years down the line from the first time they are installed on your windows.
Sheer Curtains Over Roller Blinds
To give a nice luxurious touch to your living room or bedroom, sheer curtains over roller blinds can be used. This combination may block outside light or let in filtered sunlight depending on the level of brightness outside. You can pull down the roller blinds or keep the sheer curtains open, and vice versa, depending on your requirement.
The Disadvantage of Roller Blinds
Although they are simple and easy to operate and offer multiple features to make them ideal for most homes, they need to be carefully handled. In case you find broken parts on them or the mechanism is faulty, finding a replacement or getting someone to fix them might incur huge costs. Hence, you must take great care in using them. Pull them down slowly and carefully and handle them gently. It’s better to get them checked regularly and ensure the warranty is in place.
Places Where Roller Blinds Can Be Effectively Used
Their versatility makes them universally applicable, making them great in a variety of places including offices, seminar halls, and restaurants.
1) Bedroom: With their blackout feature, roller blinds can be perfect for bedrooms where you need utmost privacy from peeping Toms, extreme heat and bright light. You can enjoy your sleep especially when you are the sort who works at night and sleeps during the day.
2) Living Rooms: Sunscreen roller blinds can be used in living rooms and dining rooms when the sun is shining bright. Sometimes dual roller blinds are also used along with blackout options when darkness creeps in during the night.
3) Offices: As discussed, they are also great fits for office spaces which require minimum disturbance for carrying out projects and presentations. Whenever there’s a sunny day, people prefer the ease of operation of a roller blind to pull them down at their convenience instead of any other complicated mechanism.
4) Bathrooms: The bathroom is one place inside the house which requires the maximum amount of privacy. A pulled down roller blind is great at meeting the purpose. While buying roller blinds for bathrooms, you must choose them carefully depending upon the material and the amount of resistance it provides against the sun and unwanted intruders.
Maintenance of Roller Blinds
Roller blinds are easy to use and install. However, they still require careful care by checking the manufacturer’s care instructions thoroughly. The best way to clean off accumulated dust is through a vacuum cleaner. Treating or handling them roughly while cleaning might result in the coating being peeled off or fading of their color. For minor stains, you can use a damp cloth. If you are not sure about their handling (as roller blinds come in a variety of fabrics), it’s better to contact the manufacturer or supplier and ask him for assistance.
To sum up, roller blinds come with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. They are still one of the contemporary go-to window coverings for sun protection and provide ease of operation, insulation, and privacy beyond being aesthetically appealing for a modern, classy room.