Want to purchase outdoor shades you’re not sure what to look out for? To help you out we will be providing some useful tips which will allow you to make the right selection while purchasing outdoor motorized solar shades and outdoor blinds for your screened porch. So, let us go through the details in the following sections.
5 Aspects to Look Out for While Purchasing Custom Outdoor Shades
Evaluate Your Needs | Pay Attention to Fabric Selection | Select Shades that Preserve Views and Maintain Privacy | Take the Right Measurements | Plan Out the Location
Evaluate Your Needs
Right at the inception, you will have to figure out your needs so that you are in a better position to purchase outdoor shades which are right for your home.
Here are a few questions you should think about:
- Are you looking for coverage from the rain and wind or to protect the house from the harsh sun?
- Do you need blackout fabrics?
- motorized outdoor shades?
- Are extreme weather conditions a concern in your region?
- What is the orientation of your house? Do you want to shade from harsh afternoon sun or gentler morning sun?
- Should it be a fixed solution or something which is retractable?
- What kind of operation do you prefer?
- Are you looking for child safe options and something which is easy to operate?
- Are you looking for greater protection for outdoor furniture from the elements?
- When and how will the outdoor space will be used?
- Will the shades be easy to reach or require motorization?
By having answers to these questions you will be in a better position while discussing your requirements with an expert.
Pay Attention to Fabric Selection
The right fabric will play a major role in ensuring your electric outdoor shades last under adverse weather conditions.
For instance, if the shades are PVC coated, then it will help to reduce common outdoor stains (such as bird droppings). Additionally, you should inquire about wind rating of the material.
In addition, by selecting rigid material you will have the assurance that they will be able to withstand outdoor extremes. Let us look at some fabric types that you can choose from.
- Woven fabrics (have tight weave, are water resistant, and are able to resist rot and mildew) tend to be durable and at the same time are available in different colors and styles for you to choose from. These can also have UV resistance treatment so that they can resist fading.
- You can also choose polyester or solution dyed acrylic fabrics which are available in a myriad of designs and colors to complement décor of your house.
- Mesh fabrics are capable of blocking sun’s rays while allowing cooler breezes to pass through. This is due to the fact that such fabric material has an open knit so that hot air can pass through. However, these are not waterproof and will let rain in.
- Knitted mesh fabrics have strong lock stitching so that it can resist sagging, fraying, and tearing. These are also available with ultraviolet protection.
Select Custom Outdoor Shades that Preserve Views and Maintain Privacy
You will have to select outdoor shades which will preserve your views and at the same provide needed protection from weather conditions.
Most outdoor solar shades will have an openness rating that determines how much you can see through the shade. They will allow you to see through during the day but do not provide privacy at night time.
Take the Right Measurements
Before visiting any store, you should take proper measurements to be sure that you will purchase the right shades. This is an important task that you must complete to find the right type of shade.
Plan Out the Location
Custom Outdoor shades will protect one section of your house in the morning and a different section in the late afternoon. Moreover, the protection will also shift from one season to another. In addition, the amount of protection you receive will also vary as per sun’s angle.
Thus, it will be important to plan out the location for the outdoor shade so that you get protection where it is needed and when it is needed.
What is the usefulness of Custom Outdoor Shades?
Divide Your Space
Custom Outdoor Shades help you divide your outdoor space, creating sections in your backyard.
Whether it is the backyard, front yard, or the side patio, you will find a shade that is right for a specific space. Some of the possibilities include:
- Creation of a sheltered pool area
- Shades for a standalone pergola or veranda
- Separate BBQ area
- Create a safe play area for your kids
Get Protection from Adverse Weather
After installing outdoor shades, you’ll find your porch is cleaner on a day to day basis. The shades will be working as a partition to shelter outdoor sections of your home from debris or outside elements.
Most shades are recommended to take down during heavy winds, so make sure you roll up your shades or take them in during extreme weather or they can be damaged.
What are a few of the important features of Custom Outdoor Shades?
The good thing about outdoor shades is that they are made from durable fabrics which have reinforced seams. They are more suitable for outdoor weather than their interior counterparts.
As we can see, outdoor shades prove to be quite useful and help you enjoy outer space without having to bear the sun’s glare.
If you want tips and ideas on how to properly utilize outdoor shades for your home then simply pick up the phone and give us a call on our toll-free customer care number (1-866-881-8682).
Our experts will make sure that after the call you have all the information you need to make the right purchase.