The purpose of technology is to make our lives easier by finding more efficient ways of performing tasks and reducing the amount of effort you have to manually put in. This is precisely why almost every industry that has a consumer-oriented model usually strives to incorporate a technological innovation. You can see how we’ve gone from conventional appliances to smart lighting, smart kitchens and even smart air conditioners. The window treatment industry has not fallen behind in this wave of innovation. In fact, Smart Blinds have become some of the most sought-after window treatments today because they are seen as massive upgrade over traditional window treatments.
The overall impact of smart blinds in a home can be quite influential. They make it convenient for you to use, and you will notice a tangible difference in the amount of time you are saving. It reduces the chances of you getting distracted from your daily routine. Furthermore, your smart blinds can help create a comforting environment by influencing the natural ambience of your home without any human intervention. This blog post will deal with exactly how smart blinds can achieve this and why they are highly recommended.
What Smart Blinds are and how they work?
Smart blinds are automated window treatments that have an attached motor that help them in lowering or raising. You can control them remotely using your Smartphone or a voice command system.
The features mentioned above are also prevalent in motorised shades that do not have Smart Home features. There are several features that are exclusive to smart blinds. To start, smart blinds are capable to make their own decisions based on how it is programmed. With the help of sensors that react to external and internal lighting, it can decide whether or not the blinds should be raised or lowered. Furthermore, if you end up integrating your smart blinds with the rest of your smart home systems, they can use information from each other to enhance your living conditions to a whole new level.
Benefits of Smart Blinds
- Convenience – If you have smart blinds in your home, you no longer have the need to move to operate your blinds. By virtue of being motorised, you can control them remotely or with your voice. While it may sound like a trivial benefit, it provides a major advantage in a few ways. For example, if you have windows that are higher up on the walls which makes it a little difficult to reach, the convenience of smart blinds ensures that you don’t have to use a chair or ladder to reach them.
- Safer option – Blinds with cords are known to be choking hazards, especially with children and pets. There are some ways in which you can child-proof your home and make sure children or pets can’t reach those cords. However, smart blinds are a safer option and act as a permanent solution to this problem. The fact that they are motorised means that there is no need for cords to be a part of the control mechanism in the first place.
- They help in developing a routine – You have the option of either scheduling when your blinds will rise up in the morning, or you can program them to open up when there is adequate sunlight in the morning. With either of these options, you now have the ability to wake up to the sunrise. It’s a much more pleasant way of starting your day as opposed to using an alarm clock.
- Privacy and security – When you step outside your home, there times when you worry if you forgot to close the blinds. With Smart blinds, you can control them with your smartphone even when you aren’t at home. If you end up integrating them to your smart security system your security features become more cohesive. This can help put your mind at ease when you aren’t at home.
- It Increases the value of your home – In the event you have to sell your home or apartment, appliances and window covers can increase the overall selling price of your home. When people can’t take them along during the move, so they usually leave it as an accessory of the home or apartment. Considering that they are custom fit to the windows and they are automated, it’s a quality-of-life upgrade that homebuyers don’t have venture out into the market for.