What are Cellular Shades?
Among the plethora of blinds and shades that flood the window treatment market, honeycomb cellular shades continue to command sustained popularity. They are among the most versatile window treatments that you will come across. They are known for their brilliant insulating properties. The structure of the cellular shades helps to trap air which helps creates a buffer between the windows and the rooms. This prevents warm air from escaping the room during the cold winter months when your heater is working non-stop to keep the interiors warm and cozy.
Apart from this, they help to maintain privacy and light filtering cellular shades help to filter the harsh rays of the sun flooding the room. The blackout cellular shades help to block light out completely while offering insulation to the windows. there is top down bottom up cellular shades as well which can be opened from top and bottom to regulate the amount of light entering the room, preserving privacy and your view of the outside. Cellular shades can be customized to fit the requirements of your windows, easy to install and maintain. Over the years, despite stiff competition from its peers, cellular honeycomb shades continue to charm their way into the hearts of the homeowners.
How to Remove Shades from Windows?
While much has been written about the goodness of cellular shades and how simple it is to mount them, it is also important to be aware of how to remove your cellular shades without causing damage to the shades. Sometimes you need to take them off for maintenance purposes. Sometimes you may have to dismount them for replacement. Whatever may be the reason we hope the below information will help you.
Cellular shades have different variants and lift options which have an impact on the removal process.
Disclaimer: Please note, these instructions only apply to shades purchased at ZebraBlinds and might not work with your product.
Standard Lift and Top Down Bottom Up Cell Shades
Let us take a quick look at the steps to remove cellular shades with a standard lift system and for top down bottom up shades.
- Hold the headrail and push it back to disengage the headrail.
- Tilt the backside of the headrail down.
- Once you have successfully disengaged the headrail from the brackets pull it off from the front of the brackets.
- If you are removing the brackets as well then unscrew the screws while holding the brackets.
Cordless Cell Shades
For cordless shades, the mechanism differs as also the steps to remove the shades from the windows.
- The bracket has a tab that is located at the back of the headrail away from the window shades. to remove the headrail you need to press this tab. You can take the help of a screwdriver which will help to release the back of the headrail.
- Gently drop the back of the headrail away from the brackets.
- Now lift the cell shades up and off from the mounting brackets.
- If you are removing the brackets then unscrew the screws which help to hold the brackets in position.
These are simple steps that will help you to remove the shades from the windows. If you are replacing the shades then there is no need to take the brackets off as you will be needing them to mount the new blinds or shades.