A Guideline to Restringing Cordless Faux Wood Blinds
While getting window blinds, we consider every aspect aesthetics, functionality, and mechanism. There are multiple branded coverings available in the window fashion industry and each of them holds unique values and specifications. If you are someone who is looking for a blind that can withstand water and moisture in any condition, then faux wood blinds are a great example of that. Their superior quality materials make them highly durable and sturdy and prevent cracks, stains, or any other damage. Being fire retardant and water-moisture resistant, these blinds are perfect for high humidity areas such as the kitchen bathroom, and laundry room. Adjust the slats to control the incoming light and heat while providing privacy to your space. Besides all these, if safety and security is your big concern, opt for cordless lift mechanisms. By eliminating the dangling window cords or strings, they ensure ease of operation while protecting your kids and pets from the danger of string strangulation. Although cordless faux wood blinds are incredibly versatile, functional, and offer your interior a fresh refined appeal, but a time comes when restringing these window treatments become necessary. In this article, we will discuss the instructions step by step so that you can do it without taking help from professionals and saving the fixing costs.
Restringing Faux Wood Blinds
Restringing cordless faux wood blinds means inserting a string that raises and lowers the bottom rail of the blind. Please note that these steps may not apply to your blinds as all blinds are manufactured differently, so we advise checking with your manufacturer for further info. Check out the below steps –
Disclaimer – Reading through the following steps may sound easy but it’s always suggested to ask the professionals before you get started. You may get stuck and incorrectly select options that result in errors. ZebraBlinds is not responsible for any damage caused during the task. So take the help of the experts to get your job done efficiently without any error.
- Step 1: Remove the faux wood blind from the window frame and lay it on a clean surface. Now take out the end caps on the bottom rail of the blind and one end cap from the top rail.
- Step 2: Locate the cord lock and pull it gently to remove. Don’t put too much pressure while taking off as it may damage the lock. You will get it on the top or side of the blind headrail. Usually, the cord lock comes in a square shape.
- Step 3: Now, slide both the bottom rail and the top rail to reveal the mechanism of your cordless faux wood blinds. If you are unable to slide them, then oil the surface instead of putting too much effort.
- Step 4: Determine the string length that you want to use for the blind. You may need to get specific information from your blinds manufacturer.
- Step 5: Before you insert the new string, remove the old one. Use a threading needle to install the string. Take the old string washers to secure the new string.
- Step 6: Put the top rail and bottom rail back in the right place. Slide the string through the cord lock and place it back in the position.
- Step 7: Re-insert the end cap again on the bottom rail and top rail. And mount the faux wood blinds back to the frame.
Cordless faux wood blinds are beneficial for many reasons especially their simplicity and unique functions make them the number one reliable window dressings. While restringing these cordless blinds you have to be very careful. Following the above steps properly and some hands-on practice will make your task easier!