Decor plays an important role when it comes to making an impression. Everyone aims for decor that stands out in a crowd, a space that imprints in the mind of people but yet makes you feel secure and comfortable. Places that introduce a hint of whimsy and calm to your mind. The decor you choose and the furniture you pick altogether can leave an impression on people. Apart from the look, another aspect of consideration when it comes to home decor is convenience. When it comes to picking out our technological equipment, these days the biggest question is, can it all be synced to one point where they can be all operated? The IoT has made this possible with various items including window accents. You can schedule when you want your blinds and shutters to open up when you want them close, how you want to adjust the panels and not even be there physically next to them. The concept of having a smart home has now provided an alluring appeal and everyone is trying to jump on this bandwagon.
What are Motorized Cordless Blinds?
Imagine you had a long day and all you want to do is just come back and unwind with some yummy food, a good book or maybe a good show. You get yourself comfortable and are about the sit on the bed when you realize that you need to close your window and its window treatment. You do that, come back and again make yourself comfy, when you notice that it’s not sitting right and the glare from a street lamp outside is sharply hitting your eye. Would it not be easier if you could somehow deal with window accents without moving from your comfort spot? That is where motorized cordless blinds come into play!
Cordless window blinds are an effortless way for you to maintain your privacy. Lowering shades, shutters, blinds, and even drapes have become easier due to the motorized/ cordless system that is in place. Based on the technology, they can be easily integrated to be part of your ‘Smart House’ Concept. They’re the perfect package that provides modern functionality and ease all with just a click of a button. These blinds don’t come attached with any word or string but rather are operated remotely. They still have cords on them that help opens up panels, just that they can be operated (pulled up or lowered down) through a wireless mechanism.
What is the Difference Between Blinds with Cords and Cordless Blinds?
Cordless blinds leave people to wonder, how do you pull down blinds without stings? Simply, you don’t! They come with a unique mechanism as compared to corded blinds.
They’re construction and design remain the same. There are minor aesthetic differences for example corded blinds come with a string or rod on the side to adjust the blinds and the panel, whereas, in cordless blinds, these strings are missing as these can be operated either via remote or through various other wireless mechanisms.
For corded blinds, all you need to do is invest minimal effort in pulling them down. They come featuring three different mechanisms, they are as follows:
• Cordlock: These are blinds that come with a cord attached so that they can be lifted or used with great ease. When you want to adjust the blinds, lower them or pull them up, you can do it with the cord.
• EasyLift: This mechanism is when you can lower down and push up the blinds and they’ll stay just how you like through a pulley system. It comes braided continuous loop making it easier to adjust with minimum style.
• Clutch Lift: This mechanism is extremely similar to the easy lift as these blinds also come with a braided continuous loop.
Cordless blind features a unique mechanism that is easy and convenient. When it comes to cordless blinds there are various mechanisms that you can pick from to apply to your space. Here are some the ways you can operate cordless blinds with ease:
• Cordless Spring: These are blinds that come with spring rollers, so when you want to bask in the sun roll them down and when you want to enjoy some cool shade roll them up!
• Button Rise: Heard of the expression ‘with a click of a button’, that’s what this mechanism is all about, just click a button to adjust your shades as you please.
• Remote Lift: These are blinds that come with an attached motorized system to adjust the shades according to any ambiance you want to create.
When it comes to choosing between corded blinds and non-corded blinds there are certain factors to consider like the type of window, the location of the window, how often do you use the window, design of the window, if you have other smart devices at home, etc. They are indeed a smart option to make part of your home or workspaces too!