Installation of Cordless Vinyl Blinds Outside of Window Frame
When you think about window blinds, chances are that you will look for something classy yet durable that will ensure the safety and security of your home interior. Vinyl cordless blinds are a great choice to go for. They are designed to provide you with privacy, and they can also give you cooler temperatures inside by obstructing direct daylight and the sun heat. These window blinds are mainly popular for their sturdiness and longevity, made of superior quality material allowing them to withstand water and moisture without any damage. The cordless mechanism truly makes raising/lowering these blinds easier than ever. Besides offering a smooth function and clean aesthetics, these window dressings promote safety for your kids and pets, making the home happy and completely safe. Customizing and buying cordless vinyl blinds online is an easy and straightforward process, but mounting them may seem to be difficult for many especially when you are looking for entire window coverage. A proper installation will let you enjoy all the benefits, filling your indoor with comfort and elegance. Here’s how to install these blinds on a window like a pro.
Before you dig into the process of installing blinds, it’s important to determine whether you want to mount them inside the window frame or outside. If you are someone who is looking for a complete blockage against sunbeams, outside mounting is preferred, and also mounting them outside of the window frame will offer you more flexibility. Now, it’s time to place your order but before that, measuring the windows correctly is a crucial part of window decor projects. Unfortunately, windows come in all shapes and sizes, so make sure to measure them well. After you have measured and purchased the blinds, now it’s time to mount them. For this task, you will require the following tools –
- Measuring Tape
- Drill /Screwdriver
- Mounting Brackets
Follow these steps to mount your blind. Make sure to check the instruction manual that came with your blinds as well, as your blinds might have special instructions.
But if you are not an expert in DIY projects, then it’s suggested to check with the experts once for a hassle-free installation procedure. ZebraBlinds is not responsible for any damage occurred through following the above DIY steps.
- Step 1: Take the vinyl blind and hold it over the window opening at your desired height. Now, mark the screw holes using a pencil where you need to fix the brackets.
- Step 2: Pre-drill the holes using a drilling machine or hammer (depending on the window frame surface) and you can use levels to ensure the proper bracket alignment.
- Step 3: Attach the brackets with the provided screws and tighten them in place. When mounting brackets on wall mounting, use anchors.
- Step 4: Insert the top front of the headrail into the front of the brackets. Make sure the brackets are secured perfectly and in the right place.
- Step 5: Insert the handle below the bottom rail and you are ready to operate your window blind. To close your blind, pull down on the bottom rail to the desired height and to open the blind, just raise the bottom rail.