Maintenance Tips: Treat Wrinkles on Window Shades
Window shades are an integral part of our daily living. Their endless contribution to making life beautiful and convenient is remarkable. They are designed to block out all sunlight, prevent wind, reduce noise, and limit the heat from entering your room. The shades come in a myriad of styles and materials, and all of them can add charm and dramatic flair to your home. Their beautiful appeal enhances the style and grace of your windows in a sophisticated way while making them the focal point of your decor. There is a range of shades available in the industry and you can customize them as per your requirements to match your interior type. No matter what kind of design solution you choose, they come in tight packaging and when you unbox them, you may notice tough wrinkles or creases especially when you opt for some soft fabricated window shades. Or sometimes when you pull a shade up or down, it may create wrinkles. Unfortunately, a wrinkled shade can undermine the attractiveness of the window completely. It might not be a big deal for some homeowners, and they go about their daily routine, but for some, it might be annoying and extremely frustrating. Well, the delicate design, soft fabric material, and unique design of window shadings can make the task of wrinkle removal challenging, but it is incredibly easy to do when you follow the right steps. Check out the simple yet effective ways to eliminate the wrinkles or creases from your shades without damaging the fabric and making them look aesthetically pleasing and sober on windows or doors!
Easy Ways to Get Rid of Window Shade Wrinkles
Whatever window shade you have, make sure to keep them in lower position completely and then follow any of the below steps –
- Take a spray bottle, filled with water and sprinkle over the wrinkles until they are completely damp. Let the dressing dry at room temperature and you will get a smooth fabric. You can mix equal amounts of water and vinegar.
- Use a handheld steamer that allows continuous steam and also make sure the steam should flow across all the wrinkled surfaces of your shade (move the steamer from top to bottom). Steaming window shades will quickly remove all the wrinkles efficiently when you have cellular shades, roller shades, or roman shades. Repeat the process until you get the perfect desired texture.
- There are few solutions (do not use any harsh chemical) that are designed to release and eliminate strong wrinkles conveniently. But be careful when using these on your shades as they may not be suitable for all the shade fabric. Do a patch test on the corner of the fabric to check whether the solution affects the fabric or not.
- If there are too many wrinkles, then use an iron with a steam setting. Fill the steamer with water, switch it on, and run over the wrinkled areas. Things to remember – Keep the iron in a medium setting, hold it in a distance, don’t press the iron in one place for a long time, and move it continuously from top to bottom.
- Wash the shade fabric in the machine to remove all the wrinkles. washing, keep in a dryer for a few minutes and mount them again on the windows again and let them dry in normal weather conditions. Otherwise, they may become wrinkled again. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s guidance because for many window shades, it is not recommended to machine wash or dry them.
Disclaimer: It’s always best to check the product manual attached to the package to ensure the fabric type and whether the process will work on them or not. Depending on the product type, the wrinkle removing steps may vary. For example, few shade fabrics cannot withstand water and steam. You can always consult with the experts to get a better idea before you get started or remove the creases in a professional manner. ZebraBlinds is not responsible for any damages.
Are You Ready for Fixing Shade Wrinkles?
Wrinkles on the window shades can ruin the style or aesthetics of your room. If you’ve recently purchased a new treatment, then you might have noticed some wrinkles on it or you may get them in the near future. In this article, we have listed up some of the easy, safe, convenient, and effective ways to get the wrinkles out of these window solutions. The best part is you don’t have to invest in any additional elements for these methods and you can do it at home without any hassle!