Blinds are a wonderful transitional way of dressing up your interiors in a dramatic way. Their amazing light-blocking functionality and insulation help you to create a comfortable and pleasing indoor ambiance. With a wide range of blind options that come with a variety of colors and designs, you can choose anything to match your requirements while enriching the look of your place in a subtle and sophisticated way. No matter what type of blinds you select, it will come with a standard cord or string mechanism that allows the treatment to raise and lower as per your convenience. Pulling it up or down will fulfill all your functional and aesthetical desires. But blind strings can be extremely frustrating. Over time, they may cause various issues like it can get stuck and will require a repair, break, or get tangled or twisted and the reason can be anything, for example, if the wind is too strong then they can make the strings messy and tangle or if you have kids and pets in the home, then they can make the string twisted while playing.
There are a number of things that can go wrong with your blind string but no matter what it is, you have to fix them to make them functional again while helping them look their best. If you are not sure how to fix a tangled or dysfunctional blind string, then go through this article and resolve them at home without any professional investment. Check out the below problems and the ways of fixing them.
Replacing a Dysfunctional Pull String
- Bring out the blind from the window frame, be gentle while removing, otherwise, you may end up with more damages. Use a flat-head screwdriver to take off the header cover.
- Take out the old and non-functional string, and also eliminate any other additional tassels. You can use a scissor for this. Insert the new string through the cord lock and head rail.
- Pass the new string through each slat of the blind and through the bottom rail also.
- Tie a knot to secure them properly. And then mount the blind back on the window.
Disclaimer – Following the below steps will easily and efficiently fix your tangled and defective blind strings. But it’s suggested to check with the professionals once before you get started because depending on the blind type and other factors, the process may vary. ZebraBlinds is not responsible for any damage occurred during the above tasks.
Untangle Blind String
- Before you get started, make sure the blind is in the lower position as it is essential to get access to window strings.
- Using your hands, try to untangle the strings as much as possible. If you find that the process of untangling is not working, then you may need to cut the string or replace them with new ones.
- If you are planning to cut the string, then first keep the tassels aside and attach them once the strings are cut. And if you want to go with the replacing, then follow the above instructions.
There are various products that you can use to prevent tangling of blind strings. Cord winders are one of them which are attached to the actual string. You can opt for cord wraps as well which can be mounted on the wall using crews. These products ensure that children or pets can’t reach them and hence prevent further entanglements.
Untwisting Blind Strings
If you find that the blind strings or cords are twisted together, then follow the below steps to fix them –
- Keep your blind open all the way. You will find a knot at the down; take a needle nose plier to open it.
- Hold the string near the knot and then try to twist them. First, twist the string in one direction, followed by the opposite direction. Keep twisting until you find the right way to untwist the cord.
- Pull the string at the end of the blind and place the knot back inside the treatment.
The above procedures will help you in fixing your blind strings and making them usable once again. Follow them step by step to avoid any mistakes. Consult with the experts if you face any difficulty or require further assistance.