Decorative Finials for Every Window
Choosing the right window treatments has become a daunting task in the last few decades. There are endless options available to choose from. But if you want to truly style up your interior in a sophisticated way, then curtains are an elegant choice to go for. Customizing them from a variety of colors and texture options will offer a designer-worthy appeal that your windows deserve. Now, you may have chosen the best curtain and curtain rod after spending lots of time researching in order to create a magnificent aesthetic.
But if you want to elevate the look of the windows to the next level, then you need to consider some additional accessories that can make or break the look and vibes of your entire indoor. So it’s essential to select quality hardware that coordinates with not only your curtains or curtain rods but also with your living space. There are several such elements that can transform the windows in an elegant way. But among all, finials are an amazing choice because of their unique shapes and look. You can easily choose the style as per your needs, from formal to casual whatever look you want, create them with these decorative finials. If you are choosing finials for your kid’s rooms then you can opt for themed finials as well, like animals, basketballs, etc. On a final note, these finials are timeless beauties and never fail to impress when it comes to window decor.
In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about finials, like – which finials should you go for, where to buy finials for curtain rods, and other things. Remember, with the right finials and decorative touches, you can easily change your windows and create a refreshing versatile space.
What is Finial?
Finials are endpieces attached to the ends of a curtain rod that are used to change the architectural design of the windows and overall home interior. They not only look mesmerizing on the windows but also serve functional purposes too. They prevent the curtains from slipping off the ends of the curtain rods. They come in a variety of designs, colors, and finishes to complement your window style. Read on to know the ways of choosing finials for your curtain rods
How to Choose the Right Finials?
If you are planning to buy finials for enhanced beauty and functionality, then there are multiple things to consider including material type, color, and finishing. Check out the below facts before you get them home.
● Select a material that will match your curtain rods. Most rods come in wood, metal, brass and nickel material. For example, you can go for nickel or glass finials for nickel rods or wood finials for wooden curtain rods. It’s up to you how you want to match them to create uniformity.
● Both finials and curtain rods come in endless colors and finishing touches. So, customize accordingly so that both of them complement each other. A perfect coordinated appearance always improves the aura and grace of space in an astounding way. For example – while colored glass and acrylic finials match well with silver-toned curtain rods while black finials go with black curtain rods. There is no hard and fast rule for this, be creative and play with all the hue tones and create a cheerful look as per your preferences. Besides color options, you need to think about the finial design or style as well because they harmonize the entire look of your curtain rod and hardware.
Different Types of Finials
There are plenty of unique designs available for finials that go well with all decor types, from traditional to modern. Have a look at them and pick up the best one.
● Stud – If you want to create a minimalistic window style with some simple yet elegant finials, then studs are a great choice.
● Disc – Larger than studs and ideal for modern and industrial design elements. Get them to create an ultra-modern look for your interior.
● Squat Disc – These finials are perfectly designed for your boho-style and farmhouse-inspired interiors. They create a casual yet sophisticated appeal when perfectly customized and installed.
● Ball – If you have transitional home decor, then ball finials could be the perfect addition which adds drama to the windows.
● Faceted – If you are looking for sleek and structured finials to complete the look of the curtains, then opt for these faceted finials.
How to Attach and Remove Finials
Integrating finials with the curtain rods is extremely easy and simple. Before you get started, make sure the size of the finial and curtain rod width are similar. Use screws to fix the finial but sometimes, they may not require any screws as well.
If you like transformation and want to change the aesthetics in the near future, then you can easily remove the finials from the rod and create your own desired look.
Finials add sophistication and warmth to your windows with their distinct style and simplicity. Make sure to get them in pairs for ultimate beauty. Rest, choose the design and style as per your convenience and room style. These are extremely affordable and with the avail deals and discounts, you can save more. Explore all the designs and get a suitable one!