Window blinds are coverings that are available in different colours and designs. All of which are suitable for varieties of window and serve many purposes. Window blinds, whether electrical or manual, are prone to damage because of many reasons. If you are planning to repair your window blinds, consider the following things:
Is It Necessary To Repair Blinds?
The most common reason for repairing a window blind is their wear and tear. If you find difficulty in opening or closing a manual window blind then there are chances that there might be some damage to the cord. The damaged cord will restrict your window blinds from working properly. Also, it may be possible that its frame got damaged which often requires a trained technician to get fixed.
Apart from manual blinds, electronic or smart window blinds may also experience some issues that prevent them from working normally. Sometimes there are chances that their internal motor system may no longer work properly, or there might be issues with the power or electrical wiring.
Sometimes, issues can be spotted easily. In other cases, issues are internal, where a trained professional can only identify such hidden issues and get them fixed.
Need Of Window Blinds
Here are some potential reasons for which you need window blinds or get them repaired immediately if damaged.
1) Window blinds provide you with a high level of privacy from outsiders.
2) As compared to curtains and shades, window blinds offer you flexibility in controlling the amount of light that you want to enter in your room.
3) Window blinds come in various colours and forms which you can choose as per your preference.
4) Window blinds are affordable and come with different features.
5) These window blinds are easy to install, convenient, easy to use, and often require less maintenance. Apart from that, window blinds provide an aesthetic value to your space.
If blinds get damaged or don’t work properly, they may look unpleasant and often create a problem for you. In such a situation, repairing blinds will help in regaining the original form and functionality of these blinds. The cherry on the top is that the cost of repairing is inexpensive in most cases. The only thing that needs to be considered is, whether you want to repair your blinds or replace them with new ones.
How Much Can You Spend for Blind Repairs?
The cost of repairing your damaged window blinds depends on the severity of damage, the size, and type of blinds you have. The service charges and labour price will be an add on to the repair cost. Most of the commonly found blind damage include:
- Broken or bent slat
- Cord damage
- Wiring issue
- Internal motor issue
- Damage in head or bottom rail
Often, the issue lies with the cord of the blinds. The repair would depend on the two types of cords used for the blinds, which are:
1) Cords with the easy rise systems in which the cord is in the form of a continuous loop.
2) Cords with ultra glide systems in which the cord runs from top to bottom.
Mostly, technicians charge $50 to $100 for service visits and the cord costs about $15. However, for small damages like slats, it costs around $15 to $20. In such a repair, bent or broken slat will get replaced with that of a new one. Repairing blinds will prevent them from further damage.
Replacement of The Blinds
Depending on the type and extent of damage you can decide whether you want to repair your window blinds or want to replace them. Sometimes repairing damaged blind costs more than it’s a replacement. In such a condition you should consult a certified window professional to choose the right option for you.
If your window blinds have severe damage, then it is the right and wise option to get them changed and replaced with a new one. If you want to replace your blinds then vinyl and aluminium blinds are the best options and also the least expensive. However, you can also opt for wood and faux wood window blinds depending upon your choice and preferences. The price of a new blind will cost around $10 to $1000 based on the size of your window and the type of blind you choose.
Also, the technician may charge you additional costs during blind replacement depending on the following factors:
- If there is a requirement for the removal of old blinds.
- Whether the blinds are customized or normal.
- If there is any need for an expert technician.
Cost Cutting On Blind Repair
Though blind repair is pocket- friendly, you can save extra costs on blind repair in the following ways:
- Firstly, check whether your blinds are under the warranty period
- Check with many companies and ask for pricing details so that you can choose the best one for you.
- Also, ask the company you choose about any discounts and written agreements before hiring them.
A damaged window blind can be a real problem. But you can overcome the issue by getting your damaged blinds repaired and that too at an affordable price.