Wondering how cordless faux wood blinds work? How to select the right blinds? Which style will be right for your rooms? If these are the questions you want to find an answer for before making the purchase, then you are at the right place since these are the topics we will be exploring in the following sections so that you can purchase the right blinds for your windows.
An Insight into How do Cordless Faux Wood Blinds Work?
Dangling cords of window coverings often look distracting, are difficult to manage and in addition, they can be risky when you have kids and pets at home. You can avert these serious issues by simply making a changeover to cordless blinds.
Mostly, cordless blinds work just the way corded ones do and the difference only lies in how they are operated.
# Use of Bottom Rail
If you are wondering how cordless roller blinds work, they are not very complicated to operate. All you will have to do is grab bottom rail to lower or lift the blinds to the position you want them to be in.
# Cordless Blinds with a Button
- There are some advanced ones available now which have a button that you will have to hold down for moving the blinds and when released, it will lock the blinds into position
- When you have cordless blinds, they look elegant, provide cleaner operation and give you the assurance that the cords will not become a concern for your little angels
- In the following section let us explore situations where you should use cordless blinds and we will also explore situations where you should look for other variations
How do Cordless Blinds Work and When to Use Them?
- Small kids and kittens will assume the cords of the blinds are there for them to play with. But, you need to be aware of the fact they are considered a strangulation risk for small kids
- As such, if you have toddlers at home then it will be better to make a changeover to cordless blinds
When to Use Them:
# Multiple Windows | Focal Windows
Let us explore few of the other situations where you should use cordless blinds.
- If There are Many Windows: If you have many windows of different sizes and shapes in a room, then going cordless will be the right option.
This way you will be able to create a uniform look within a room. Many windows mean you would have many dangling cords which can create a cluttered look. Moreover, you will be able to quickly adjust your blinds with relative ease.
- If There are Focal Windows: Cordless blinds offer clean lines and help in highlighting your focal windows. Additionally, they are practically invisible when fully raised, so that everyone entering the room gets a beautiful view.
# When to Look for Other Options
You will look for other options in the following situations.
# Wide Windows | Furniture in Front | High Windows | Difficulty in Lifting
- Wide Windows: If it is a wide window (as for instance, wider than 70-80″) then you will have to either opt for continuous cord loop or motorized wood blinds so that you can have less labored operations.
Additionally, for especially wide windows, you may need two people to operate them and as such, the usual cordless blind will be an inconvenience and not be the right option for such type of windows.
- Furniture in Front of Windows: It is necessary to lower or raise the bottom rail for operating a cordless blind.
If the bottom half of the window is obstructed, say because of the furniture, then it will be difficult to operate them. In such a situation, you will have to look for alternatives such as motorized blinds or the corded ones.
- High Windows: If the windows are too high and difficult to reach then the cordless system will not be used for such type of windows. Here again, the right option will be a motorized or corded blind.
In addition, it is always advisable to purchase cordless blinds when you are able to reach the top of your windows without having to climb up on a ladder.
- Difficulty in Lifting: For older people, lifting can be a difficult task and in such circumstances, it will not be a wise decision to install cordless blinds.
Here, the right option will be a motorized cordless blind or the usual corded one with continuous cord loop since it takes much less effort to operate this type of corded blind, and does not require you to bend down or reach up to lower or raise the blind.
Now that we have analyzed what Cordless Venetian Blinds are and how they work, let us now move onto the topic of selection of the right blinds for your windows so that it becomes easier to make a decision when you are shopping for blinds.
How do Cordless Faux Wood Blinds Work – Tips on Selection of Right Blinds
Let us examine some useful tips which will help you select the right type of blinds for your home.
# Versatile Options
Swedish, roller, and Roman blinds are a versatile and popular choice for most rooms.
# Practical Option for Moist Environments
For bathrooms and kitchens, the roller blinds prove to be a practical option since they have a protective coating which makes them conducive to moist environments. Faux wood blinds are also made of PVC which makes them resistant to moisture.
# Greater Control of Light
Venetian blinds offer greater control over the amount of light you want into your rooms.
# Blend Curtains and Blinds
If a room will be serving multiple different functions, then curtains and blinds can be paired to create a flexible window dressing.
Apart from knowing how do cordless faux wood blinds work, it is also important to decide about the style that will be right for your home. So, let us look into this topic in the following section so that it becomes easier to make the right decision.
How do Cordless Faux Wood Blinds Work – Select the Right Style
# Double Exposure
In a rather plain scheme, you can usher in patterns and colors by matching striped blinds when there are twin windows to be decorated.
# Enliven Your Room
Roller blinds with floral prints can be used for pale rooms and stimulate the environment within the room. If you select lightweight fabric, then the room will receive enough sunlight and look bright even when the blinds are lowered.
# Functional Feel
Slatted or Venetian Blinds provide the better functional feel and as such are considered appropriate for living areas, conservatories, and well-ventilated bathrooms.
# Usefulness in Operations
The good thing about Swedish blinds is that you can easily attach them to door’s or window’s inside frame. This way they remain in place even when they are opened and prove to be useful for back doors as well as bathrooms.
There are several choices open for you when you are looking to purchase cordless blinds.
If you not able to decide or have confusions about what would be right for your rooms then give ZebraBlinds a call and our experts will help you make the right choice.
Just give us a call on this toll-free number (1-866-881-8682) and we will make sure that all your queries are resolved in a correct manner.