Best Blinds for Kitchen Sink Windows
# How To Choose A Blind For Your Kitchen Sink Windows
Here are some important things to think about when choosing blinds or other window treatments for your kitchen window:
- Privacy And Light Control: When you need privacy but your kitchen sink window faces a neighbor’s home or looks out onto the road, blinds, shutters, and shades are the ideal decision to give the protection you need without compromising natural daylight. Natural daylight is beautiful but brings harmful UV rays that can fade textures, harm wood, and dull your furniture. If your kitchen faces the sunny side of the house, solar shades are a perfect decision as they block UV rays and glare and maintain your view. However, for privacy, pick a cellular or roller shade.
- Durability And Easy Cleaning: You need your kitchen window medicines to be both durable and easy to clean. Window treatments that can be cleaned effortlessly are the better and more hygienic choice for these places. Moreover, the warmth and humidity of the kitchen can cause blinds to warp and twist, so hard material window treatments are preferred. For example, some draperies, vinyl blinds, solar shades, and shutters can be effortlessly cleaned with soapy water yet wood blinds must be cleaned with a wood cleaner.
- Safety: With blinds over your sink, you’ll need to ensure that you install a cord keeper to guarantee that the cord doesn’t wind up trapped in your sink. If you have little kids who help in the kitchen, cord safety is a vital choice throughout your kitchen.
# Best Blinds for Kitchen Sink Windows
For the ultimate flexibility and convenience, consider the below window treatment ideas in your kitchen:
- Wood Blinds are one of the more flexible and natural looking choices in window treatments nowadays. They offer some of the best light control available and can be found in practically every home. But if your window is over the sink, then your window might get splashed with water. So pick those wood blinds that have a vinyl protective layer to protect your window and your kitchen.
- Roman Shades are a beautiful window treatment as they can let the sun in during the day time while obstructing view into the room in the evening. These shades are accessible in a wide assortment of textures, patterns, and styles. Each style is available with waterproof textures, making them perfect for a kitchen sink window.
- Solar Shades are another fantastic choice because they can be easily wiped down and water won’t damage them. Select solar shades that are antimicrobial so you can make sure you have a clean kitchen. Pick the right solar shade to give you some privacy, yet let you see outside.
- Vertical Blinds are the perfect for kitchen windows and are moisture resistant. When you are doing the dishes, any food or oil can be accidentally sprinkled on them. Luckily these blinds are easily cleaned with a cloth. Get these blinds in a wide range of colors and textures.
- Venetian Blinds are very easy to clean and are often resistant to moisture. These look extraordinary and give a modern touch to your kitchen. They come in an assortment of hues and textures.
- Roller Shades not only look great but are one of the best shades for a kitchen. They can be totally rolled up to give greatest light access. Roller Shades are accessible in a wide assortment of textures, with many styles accessible with flame retardant and waterproof features, and they are ideal for simple cleaning. Striped roller shades can be also used to add some life to your kitchen by their bright and beautiful color combinations.
- Shutters Light or dark, shutters bring a classic look to your kitchen. They are low maintenance, flexible, and easy to control and clean. As shutters cover the whole window, they offer an extra level of security to your kitchen.
- Curtains Curtains are the easy kitchen window covering idea and they can come in many forms. They are a perfect way to add a little privacy and style while allowing natural light to come in.
Are You Worried About Your Kitchen? Just Have a Look
Whether your kitchen is traditionally designed or contemporary, ZebraBlinds has the perfect window treatment for your kitchen window. Window treatments can have a big impact on the look and feel of your room. For your kitchen sink window, take care to select the correct window covering. It can be a time-consuming process, but we have the design experts and various fabric choices to help make your kitchen a more wonderful and private room.