Energy Efficient Window Blinds – Natural Light Improves Mood
You’ve probably spent a good deal of time decorating your home, making it look and feel the way you want. One of the most important things to consider is window treatments. Getting the right window blinds for your home can be extremely important for more reasons than just looks.
- When the sun is boiling outside, the temperature in your home rises and increases the cost of your energy bills
- With energy efficient window shades and blinds, you can reduce heat gain and save on energy costs
- Beautify your windows, keep your home cool, and reduce energy use all at once with the right window covering
- Natural light brings many advantages
- Exposure to natural light during the day results in experiencing better sleep at night
- Natural light improves mood as you feel so pleasant when exposed to the natural light
- Proper lighting is considered one of the most important factors in ergonomics, so use natural light as much as you can
- Light Filtering window treatments are one of the best choices to enjoy the natural light
Energy Efficient Window Blinds – Blinds To Keep Heat Out
How do we get both natural lights, and keep out the heat of the sun? We can get shades that block UV and heat, and still let filter light and let it into our rooms. Let us learn about the blinds that keep the heat out.
Blinds with Side Channels
- They’re mounted above the window
- They do come up with side channels
- These blinds run parallel on your window frames to protect your interior from sun, heat, exterior sound, cold, dust and UV rays. side channels help the shades to guide them as they’re lowered and raised
Custom Blackout Shades
- Sun blocking energy-efficient blackout shades make a room look darker than normal shades
- These shades give your room the feeling of nighttime, even when the sun is shining bright outside
- They also help you control the temperature of your room
- These shades keep the room cool by absorbing the sun’s heat and decreasing heat gain in a room during the summer
Insulating Cellular Shades
- Cellular honeycomb shades are considered one of the best and most energy-efficient window coverings
- They are made up of a series of cells that trap air around your windows, keeping your rooms warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- These shades offer privacy as well as energy efficiency
Fabric Roman Shades
- As roman shades are generally made of fabric, you can find one that is light-proof
- This can lower the amount of sun entering your home, hence keep your home cold and reduce the energy bills
- Roman shades can also save you money during the winter
- Roman shades that are made of thicker material can keep warm air inside during the cold months
- Roman shades do come up with the different types of liners inside
- Roman shades with Blackout liner helps to abstract the heat or cold coming inside the home and maintain the room temperature
- Roman shades with thermal blind liner are specially designed for temperature control
- These shades keep you feel comfortable even during the extreme weather conditions
Custom Roller Shades
- Roller shades can keep the sun out of your home while also giving you added privacy
- Light filtering roller shade fabrics keep the sun’s rays out of your home while still allowing light in, saving you money on your energy bill
Custom Plantation Shutters
- Custom Plantation Wood Shutters are more sustainable and elegant.
- Solid shutters will decrease both heat loss and summer heat gain.
- If you fit them tightly against a window frame, they’ll provide an insulating air space between the shutter and the window.
Drapery Window Treatments
- A drape’s ability to reduce heat loss and heat gain depends on several factors, including fabric type and color
- The biggest benefit of drapes and valances are that they keep the sun out of your home, lowering your energy costs
- Drapes don’t just have to be for your windows
- Hanging them elsewhere such as living room and kitchen can enhance the beauty and energy efficiency of your home
- The closer your fabric is to the surface of the window, the more adequately it can block heat loss and have a better impact on energy consumption
- Keep your home cool during summers and warm during winters by treating your windows with insulating blinds.