Energy Conservation Starts At Home, So Select Window Treatments Wisely And Save
Planning to purchase blinds and shades for your home but concerned about the prices? The good news is that it is possible to enhance the décor of your home with the right window treatments while saving money while doing so.
In the following sections, we will look at some useful tips which you can make use of while purchasing window treatments and keep the cost from spiraling out of control. So, let us delve into the details.
- It will be difficult to find window coverings if the windows are not of standard size
- One option is to pay extra for custom blinds. The other option is to get creative
- For instance, if any standard blind is going to be too narrow for a window, then what you can do is hang it in the middle and buy cheap panel curtains for covering the edges
- People coming into your home will feel as if the blinds have been framed with curtains
- They will hardly notice that the blinds are narrow and do not fit perfectly on the window
Consider Your Future Plans
- The type of blinds you select (whether costly or less expensive) will also depend upon your future plans
- For example, you will have to decide how long you are planning to live in your home before selling it
- Investment in high-end window treatments may well become the selling point if you want to sell your home in the near future
Get Help From A Local Dry Cleaner
- In case, you have been able to find a great deal for the fabric you want, get in touch with the local dry cleaner and get a quote for adding a pocket on the top and hem at the bottom and make your own drapes
- Sometimes DIY is the way to go, and it can make your room feel unique while helping you make considerable savings
Purchase Plastic or Faux Wood
- The material selected for your window treatment will have a considerable effect on final cost you will have to pay
- Usually, wood blinds are going to cost more than faux wood blinds
- As such, wherever possible look for such blinds as your preferred window treatment
Start With The Basics
- If you are planning to combine blinds with curtains on few of the windows, then buy the blinds first
- Similarly, when you are interested in having linen panels or sheers accompanying other window treatments, then begin with the panels
- Afterward, add curtains, tiebacks, valances, etc. after thoroughly analyzing options that fall within your budget
Think About Future Savings
- While purchasing blinds and shades look at energy efficiency they have and search options that answer this question – how to block heat from windows
- If you purchase the right type of blinds then over-time the blinds will help you save a considerable amount of money in the form of lower energy bills and prove to be a cheap way to block heat from windows
- Thus, by paying more initially, you will be making an investment which will provide rewards in the future in the form of better savings which will be a lot more than the initial investment you will have to make
Select The Fabric And Style Wisely
- Exotic and thicker fabrics are going to cost more compared to basic fabrics
- For instance, custom blends, high-end silks, suede, and wool will cost more than satins, linen, bamboo, and cotton
- Similarly, specialized fabrics like exterior solar shades that are specially treated for outdoor use come with a higher price tag
- Likewise, classic or flat shades usually cost less than the ones which are more ornate and unique like the tear-drop, tulip, European, and the hobbled shades
Look For Bargains
When you are looking to save while purchasing blinds, shades and other window treatments, search for bargains available on few of the popular sites such as:
Amazon: Amazon sells discounted pre-owned and open-box curtains.
Overstock: Similar to Amazon, you can find premade window treatments for great prices on Overstock.
Zebra Blinds: One of the best places to find affordable and high-quality custom-made treatments online.
IKEA, Home Depot, and JCPenny: Go through the stock at your local department store to see what is available.
Decide About Quality
- The price will be higher if it is a custom-made window treatment, which is eco-friendly as well as handcrafted by one of the leading designers
- On the other hand, the price will be lower for vinyl blinds that are mass-produced
Check What is Included
- Another important factor you will have to take into consideration will consist of things that are included with your window coverings
- For example, you will have to check whether the mounting hardware is provided along with the window treatment
- If not, then next step will be to analyze if they will considerably increase the overall price you will have to pay
- Similarly, while buying curtains you will have to check whether you will provide extras such as valances, clips, and rings
- Lastly, when purchasing online, you will have to check if the company is providing free shipping or not
Depending upon dimension and weight of your window treatments, shipping cost can become a considerable amount that you will have to pay in case shipping is not included and reduce the savings you will make by purchasing your window treatments online.
- Many companies offer installation services to their customers
- Such service will certainly be convenient for you but, will also cost you money. Instead, what you can do is opt for manual installation yourself
- There is a misconception that blinds are usually quite difficult to install
- On the other hand, you can check videos and installation instructions to carry out the installation yourself and save a considerable amount of money
A Final Note
To conclude, we will say there are several ways in which you can save money while purchasing window treatments for your home. By using the above-mentioned tips you will be able to save and at the same time purchase window coverings which will be perfect for your home.
In case, you are looking for more ideas and tips on how to save while purchasing window treatments then give us a call on our toll-free number.
Our experts will try to understand your requirements, the type of window and room décor you have and suggest options which will help you save more without having to sacrifice on quality or style.
To get the process started just give us a call at 1-866-881-8682.