Modern Shades And Blinds – Which One To Choose?
Irrespective of the type and style of your house, the first thing any visitor will notice after entering your house will be the windows and the Modern Shades And Blinds Window Treatments. By selecting the right window treatment you will be able to create the right ambiance that helps to enhance the décor of your house and its style.
In the following sections, let us look at whether to select a blind or shade based on the type of room and kind of effect you want to achieve with your décor
Outlook And Style with Modern Shades And Blinds
If you are more inclined towards creating a modern look in your home, then you need to select something that appears clean and sophisticated. Additionally, there is no dearth of contemporary window styles for you to choose from.
- To start, you will have to select a hue that is in perfect contrast with the wall paint to achieve that modern look
- In addition, while selecting a window treatment, you should select the cordless option which looks a lot more modern compared to their corded counterparts
- Cordless window treatments will be a clutter-free, sleek, and a safer option to choose
- In such situations, you should opt for cellular cordless shades which look particularly clean and ultra modern
- Moreover, you will be able to create a dramatic focal point by selecting over-sized graphics or geometric patterns
- If you are interested in inserting a fabric feel into space, then you should choose Fabric Roman Shades
- In terms of hardware, you should select steel hardware such as nickel or chrome to compete for the modernistic look and feel for your window treatments
- You will be able to complete the modern look for a room by installing motorized shades which can be controlled using a remote
Elegant And Graceful Appearance
If you focus is on achieving an elegant and graceful look for your windows then the first thing you will have to do is select the fabric. Here, the best options would be drapery and Fabric Roman Shades.
- Your aim should be to create decadent folds, layers, and softness using your fabric
- One thing you can do here is hanging oversized shades from ceiling to floor and add a shade to it to get a layered effect
- Moreover, you will be able to multiply the elegance factor by using different colors and textures
- When deciding between blinds vs shades you will have to analyze how practical it would for a particular room
- Let us look at the example of your kitchen
- The kitchen is the central location of your home where most of the activity takes place and is the busiest place in the whole house
- It is a place with high temperatures, moisture, and a lot of spillages
- In this type of environment, the right option would be the faux wood blinds since they will not fade or warp under adverse conditions present in your kitchen and are a durable option for such a place
Create The Ideal Sleeping Sanctuary
A bedroom is a place where we wind down after a hectic day and as such, it should provide a tranquil environment and facilitate sleep. Here, your main aim should be to select a window treatment that offers required level of privacy.
- In such situations, blackout shades will be the right option if you are looking for complete darkness, more so when you sleep at odd hours
- However, if you are ok with some amount of light, then you can opt for day-night shades which are known for their room darkening as well as light-filtering features
- If you are searching for something with naturally calming effect then cellular shades are an option to consider due to their fabric touch and ability to softly diffuse light
- Moreover, cellular shades are able to insulate your room in any season and are available in different interesting colors and patterns to greet you when you wake up in the morning
Instill Warmth Into A Bustling Living Room
The living room is usually the most bustling room in the house and you should select something which offers warmth, noise reduction, and privacy. You will be able to achieve this goal by selecting wooden blinds for your living room. Apart from providing warmth and privacy, wooden blinds are also good at light control and you can tilt them up to 180 degrees.
- Wooden blinds will be the right fit for your living room irrespective of whether it has a traditional, country cottage inspired or modern style
- Additionally, there are different finishes and stains for you to choose from
- You can also select the wood grain that will perfectly compliment interior design of your living room
- It is also possible to select painted wood blinds and create a unique element of interest in your room
- Another good thing about wooden blinds is that it is relatively easy to clean and maintain them
- You can easily clean the slats using a damp cloth or duster to get rid of the dirt and grime
- Lastly, if any slat breaks, it can be easily replaced, making wood blinds the right option for a busy living room
Reduce The Glare In Your Home Office
Finding the right window covering for your home office is important to get the right environment to work in. The main thing you are going to face in your home office will be sun glare on your computer or laptop screen. Such glare can be really disturbing and hamper your productivity.
- Thus, you need to create an environment that is not too dark or too bright
- This goal can be accomplished by selecting solar shades which are capable of diffusing light and at the same time reduce sun glare
- Moreover, these solar shades can be helpful in regulating the temperature within your home office
- As such, these solar shades are the right option which offers a perfect blend of functionality and style
A Final Note
To conclude, we can say that there are several options available when it comes to the selection of window treatments for your home. You will have to find the difference between blinds and shades and select an option which will match your requirements. You can also use blinds and curtains together if such a combination complements the style of your home.
If you are finding it difficult to reach a decision on your own, then what you can do is give us a call and our experts will guide you so that you can understand the differences and select the best available option.
All you will have to do is give us a call on our customer support toll-free number – 1-866-881-8682 and we will do our best to provide you all the answers.