Importance of Windows & Special Windows
Windows are the most underrated beauties we have in our homes. These gorgeous and stunning openings are the source of light, energy and warmth in the house as also your major source of contact with the outside world once you close the doors behind you. Windows helps bring a slice of the open blue skies inside your homes and lights up your rooms with positive energy and vibes. Windows need not follow the conventional standards that we have come to associate them with. For decades homeowners have experimented with different looks for their windows. There are specialty-shaped windows like circular, triangular, hexagonal etc. There are bay windows that are spread across a major part of the wall and help create a cozy nook for you in the house. And then there are Palladian windows that have been in fashion for years. Named after the famous Venetian architect Andrea Palladio, these architectural beauties became popular in the 16th century. His focal interpretation evolved over two centuries to highlight symmetry and style.
What Is A Palladian Window?
A Palladian window is a very large window divided into three tall rectangular sections. The central and the largest window have a semicircular arch on the top flanked by two narrower windows. Today, the Palladian Window is also referred to a tall rectangular window topped by an arched window usually without any type of a divider bar between them.
Need to Treat Palladian Windows
Gorgeous and stunning as they are, these Palladian windows need to be efficiently and effectively treated for better functionality, light control and privacy. Homeowners often find themselves in a dilemma over these lovely windows. On one hand they recognize the need to dress these windows for practically purposes on the other hand they do not want the beauty of these special windows to get lost behind window treatments. We are here to reassure people who are proud owners of Palladian windows that there are some window treatments that are perfect for your beauties and will only enhance their aesthetic value.
Dressing Up A Palladian Window
• You can select a blind with a divider bar or without a divider bar. All you need to figure out which type of window you have. A Palladian Window without a divider bar can be easily covered with any of the window treatments, leaving the top arch space bare. Since there is no support or divider between the rectangular window and the arched top, you can’t normally mount two separate blinds on the same window. You can use a Palladian shelf as a divider to add support instead. A Palladian window with a divider can also be treated with a Palladian shelf. A shelf is a hardwood product that is 1 ½” tall that can be attached to the divider and you can attach similar window treatments to both the sections.
• Depending on the window position and sunlight, your window dressing can be different. For example, east and west-facing Palladian windows confront more light. Window treatments are available in different fabric options and based on the requirements, choose one that will match your criteria.
• Palladian windows are popular for their character and visual appeal and don’t hide it completely. Opt. for light filtered or neutral-colored window solutions.
• Privacy is a major concern, and in such a scenario you can opt for thicker fabricated or privacy window solutions.
• Measure the window perfectly to get the right fit for your window treatment. Remember, a small measuring mistake can lead you to get the wrong sized product.
• Look for the right product and material that are mainly made for only Palladian Windows. Consult with the designers for more information.
• The choice of fabric, color, and texture depends on your existing decor. They can be complete blackout blinds, light filtering, or sound-absorbing window blinds. You can opt for thick fabric in loud colors and patterns if you are worried about letting the sun in. Or go in for some subtle plain sheer curtains to add a touch of contemporary class to your amazing architectural windows. The range is huge and you can go to extremes while dressing up these beauties.
Note – The choice of fabric, color, and texture depends on your existing decor. They can be complete blackout blinds, light filtering, or sound-absorbing window blinds. You can opt for thick fabric in loud colors and patterns if you are worried about letting the sun in. Or go in for some subtle plain sheer curtains to add a touch of contemporary class to your amazing architectural windows. The range is huge and you can go to extremes while dressing up these beauties.
It’s up to you which one you select that will fulfill all your requirements. Before you place an order, check out all the design options and deice one. Below are our top-recommended options that are made to compliment your beautiful windows that will bring warmth and elegance at the same time.
Blinds For Palladian Windows
Shutters – These are durable and everlasting simple treatments. They are custom-crafted to your window since no two Palladian windows are of any standard size. And with simple movements of the louvers, you can change your light and privacy. One of the popular choices when it comes to blinds for Palladian Windows
Honeycomb cellular shades – In case you are looking for a uniformed look, Honeycomb shades are a perfect solution. They are typically designed into custom arched window treatments with all the benefits of style, privacy, and energy efficiency. And it’s top-down functioning allows you with a complete light control option. We have some of the best cellular blinds brands to offer in our range.
- Roman Shades – These are a gorgeous option as blinds for Palladian windows. They give you ample elegance combined with the ‘oomph’ factor. They flow effortlessly, creating a lively cascading effect. Consider this option for a clean uniform style. With a huge variety of Styles, Materials and Operating Systems, these shades offer you complete control of light and privacy.
Drapery – You can never go wrong with the classic look of blinds for Palladian windows. A simple drapery that is a single floor-length pair that spans the entire window width hanging on a high rod emphasizes the height of the arched portion. Or you can cover just the rectangular height of the window and leave the arched portion uncovered for sunlight to pour in.
You can choose to emphasize the arched shape of the Palladian Window by placing an arched rod with two straight ends. Dress the arched section with a pair of panels that open in the center. These window covering sun protection drapes should have a single panel on each of the straight rods. And lo, you have an amazing window to flaunt. This is an amazing option for extra wide windows.
The choice of fabric, color, and texture depends on your existing decor. They can be complete blackout blinds or plain, sound-absorbing window blinds. You can opt for thick fabric in loud colors and patterns if you are worried about letting the sun in. Or go in for some subtle plain sheer curtains to add a touch of contemporary class to your amazing architectural windows. The range is huge and you can go to extremes while dressing up these beauties.
So if you have a Palladian window in your house or mulling over the idea of getting one for your home do not hesitate. Enjoy the beauty and elegance of these windows with the right window treatment solution.