What are the Properties of Blinds?
If we were to think about it, while having windows aids ventilation and makes the home look spacious, it is also unnerving because if not covered, it can bring eyes into your space. That’s why blinds, shades, and shutters become popular.
Blinds are window coverings that are one of a kind. They feature a panel design that can be horizontal or vertical, depending on the construct. They have been in the window treatment industry for many years to come. In the olden days, they were used to ward off people from looking into homes and private spaces. It was a symbol of secrecy and privacy. When the blinds were down, that meant it was time for business.
But over the years their functionality has been uncovered by two folds and their aesthetics went through a sudden transformation. You can enjoy blinds with wide louvers or blinds with narrow panels. In some cases, the panels of the blinds are adjustable too allowing them to stream in as much sunlight as required or privacy. Here are six features or properties of blinds that make them stand out in a crowd
1) Where there is a will, there are blinds! This means that if you search long and hard with great ease, you’ll be able to find blinds that match the aesthetics you’re going for at the same time provide all the functionality you need.
2) Take your pick for the best bid, in terms of material. Blinds are made of various fabrics and material, this means that depending on your thought process, your requirement and your convince, you can pick blinds made of plastic, wood or any other material. This pick can also be based on your budget as some blinds are made from certain materials and are cheaper than others.
3) It’s time to style those windows up any way you like! From roller blinds to cellular shades to vertical blinds, there is ample of style and design to pick from. The design also varies on the amount of light and privacy you would like to enjoy in your space.
4) For all you people trying to lower down on those bills, blinds can be energy efficient too. Some blinds provide ample circulation and shade to keep your home the right temperature of your liking, whereas there are blinds that provide extra insulation into your space.
6) Just like your other devices, blinds are getting smarter too! You can integrate blinds to your SMART home concept by opting for motorized options too!
Can People See Through Blinds?
The ultimate goal of almost any kind of window treatment is to provide the level of privacy that you are looking for. You might be working on something confidential or just looking forward to unwinding, and that’s not possible with preying eyes lurking in the corner. The amount of privacy a particular window treatment can provide plays an important role in the decision-making process in picking the right window accents.
Blinds provide flexibility in terms of light control and privacy. While roller blinds and cellular shades are recommended for privacy, even regular horizontal blinds can give privacy when tilted to close. It is important to tilt the panels to ensure that people from outside cannot see indoors. If the blinds are fixed on the lowest floor, it is recommended to close the slats of the blinds upwards so that people from top floors won’t be able to see in. If the blinds are fixed on a top floor, then closing the slats of the blinds downwards will reduce views from below.
In a general sense, during the day you can leave the panels open and let in ample sunlight, whereas people can see through if the slats of the blinds are not adjusted so make sure to adjust them accordingly for privacy.