Picking the right window treatment can make your space come alive. But this is not as easy as it seems. There are some thoughts and a good amount of research that goes into picking the right kind of blinds. For example, for the bedroom, you would like blinds to block out light, but for the dining area, you would like sheers that adorn your home with a lovely golden glow. As you scroll through the internet or go window shopping, you become more aware of your choice. A common dilemma that many people face is choosing between light filtering shades and cellular blackout shades. They both feature a similar design but are vastly different. Here are a few ways of identifying both the blinds.
How to Differentiate Between Blackout and Cellular Light Filtering Shades?
When you browse for blinds, shades, and shutters, there are just so many options to choose from that it is easy for you to be confused. What to pick? Will it serve your purpose? Will it look good with your home decor? While these questions plague you, the more you read up about all the options you have, the easier it is to make the right choice. When it comes to choosing between blackout shades and cellular light filtering shades, the more you know, the easier it is for you to pick the right ones.
About Cellular Light-Filtering Shades:
Are you someone who loves the natural light but also the shade? Are you looking for ways to streamline the amount of sunlight that enters your space? Light-filtering shades help in solving all these types of problems. They consist of an opaque or translucent material that streams in the harsh sunlight and gives your home a golden halo. It’s perfect for giving any setup plenty of light and a cozy feeling. These blinds convert the harsh sun rays into soft and mellow tones, so your home or workspace is filled with soft natural hues. Yet another feature of light-filtering shades is that they reduce the amount of glare that falls on your devices. So say hello to setting up workstations by the window! Here are some benefits of light-filtering shades:
1) You can enjoy some amount of privacy and the maximum amount of light at the same time. Cellular light filtering shades provide a bit of privacy and help in streaming in sunlight.
2) These blinds are also an energy-efficient solution! They help in filling the house with light. They keep the house just the right temperature for you to kick back and relax.
3) What’s great about light-filtering shades is that you can enjoy a wide variety of measures and colors. Just pick the ones that’ll look gorgeous in your ambiance.
4) Enjoy a glare-free experience! The best part is that you don’t need to compromise on lighting too. Enjoy a house filled with natural light so that you can do your work at your best.
About Cellular Blackout Shades:
If you’re looking for ways to get rid of that one ray of light that disturbs your sleep, then blackout shades are the right option for you. Cellular blackout shades help keep the room nice and dark while also maintaining indoor temperature. These shades feature a honeycomb design that traps heat and acts as a barrier preventing warm air from escaping. They are easy to clean and maintain too. Depending on the material they are made of, they can even block harmful UV Rays. Here are some benefits of cellular blackout shades:
1) If you love your space warm and cozy, these shades are the right option. They insulate the space while also blocking excess light from entering.
2) They come with a clean, simple and minimalistic design. It’s easy to coordinate these shades with almost any type of decor, like traditional or contemporary.
3) Being easy to clean and maintain surely has its perks. Just ensure you dust the blinds regularly so that it never loses its charm.
4) Being UV resistant is another perk! Depending on the material these blinds are made of, cellular blackout blinds can block out UV rays too.
How to Choose Between Light-Filtering Shades and Cellular Blackout Shades?
If these two blinds are your options, then choosing between them should be based on your needs and the location it will be installed. Light-filtering shades allow light, enhance the ambiance but provide a moderate level of privacy. These shades are ideal for the dining area, living room, kitchen area, etc. Whereas, cellular blackout shades block out the maximum amount of light and provide the maximum level of privacy. These shades are suggested for rooms like the bedroom, the nursery, etc. They provide total light control.
Now that you know the difference, it is easier for you to make a choice. If you want to enjoy a bit of light then light-filtering shades are perfect for you. If you want to enjoy high levels of privacy then cellular blackout shades are perfect for you.