Window treatments play an important role when it comes to bringing together the theme for your space. Placing bright colors by the window or door can bring the space to life whereas subtle and sober colors add a touch of elegance to the ambiance.
When it comes to decorating a home, there is a lot of thought that goes into it to ensure that all the decor and furniture sync together. This also includes subtler aspects like the windows and doors. The coverings chosen for a particular door or window plays an extremely pivotal role as it can tie together the ambiance of any room. Choosing the right coverings is based on multiple factors like the home decor, lighting, need and usage of the covering and more.
There are a variety of options to choose from like blinds, curtains, etc. Amongst these many options are sheers. There is a lot to uncover when it comes to understanding sheers, their features, styles, types, maintenance needs, etc.
What are Sheers?
Sheers are a type of shade or fabric that is see-through, making it perfect for streaming in just the right amount of light while still providing that much-needed shade. Light, airy and versatile, sheers are a lovely combination between a shade and a blind. The main function of sheers is to filter in the light that enters the room while allowing you to see through during the day. These window accents are often less sought after when it comes to covering windows, as they are more narrow in their functionality.
Sheer fabrics have plenty of options to choose from depending on the theme of the decor. These are especially recommended for houses with kids and pets as they are easy to clean and maintain. Sheer fabrics come in a large variety of options but here are certain things to keep in mind before choosing. Some of them are as follows:
• The material with which the sheers are made of. They’re commonly made of polyesters, cotton or other synthetic cloth.
• The color or design of the sheer. From contemporary to rustic, a house is decorated in many ways and requires the right sheers to accent them properly. A flat color will accent any space whereas an unconventional color can add a fun pop to any room. Sheers are also available in various fun patterns as well.
• The length of the sheers is important. Based on the length and width of the window can sheers be bought. It is extremely important to measure the length before shopping for sheers.
• The amount of light that should enter the room. A sheer is perfect to streamlining light but sometimes drapes or blinds would be needed when there is a need to block out more light.
To meet various needs, there are many types of sheers. Resembling blinds or shutters, both vertical and horizontal sheers have different types of shades combining sheer fabric with other types of fabric for more versatile functionality.
How to Style Sheers?
While sheers are extremely functional, they can be styled to enhance the aesthetic appeal of any space. This can happen by either synching it with the theme of the decor or pairing with other window accents like drapes or curtains to bring forward that fun pop of color.
For a chic yet minimalistic style, sheer curtains can be paired with solid colored drapes of beige, off-white, baby blue, etc. This will enhance your surroundings in a very simple yet chic manner. Sheers can only be paired with drapes or curtains that feature bright vibrant patterns or solid bright colors like yellow, orange, etc. This will give your room a vibrant personality and a cozy feel.
Benefits of Sheers
Deciding on sheers as window accents come with many benefits. Here are a few:
• A large variety of options (patterns and colors) are available to choose from. Sheers are designed opaque but they come in a variety of colors and patterns. Depending on the theme of the place, it is easy to choose sheers that match the decor.
• They’re available in various sizes. When it comes to picking sheers, they can be customized to accent the window simply and seamlessly. It is important to measure the length and width of the sheers before picking them out. There are various options to choose from each available size.
• Don’t you just love it when you give your home that nice warm golden glow? With sheers, it becomes easy to adjust the amount of natural light that enters a room. It also helps keep away unnecessary glare they could fall on TV screens or line of sight.
How to Maintain Sheers?
While sheers are lively to look at, they do need maintenance from time to time. They can be lightly dusted and for a bit more intensive cleaning they can be vacuumed in a low setting. With very little water and mild detergent, they can also be wiped clean to get rid of stubborn grime and dust.