What are Top-Down-Bottom-Up?
Ever had trouble adjusting the amount of sunlight that enters your space? Looking for cool new ways to bring in some unique style to your window space in the hall or guestroom? That’s when people opt for top-down-bottom-up window blinds. These are blinds that can open simultaneously from the top and the bottom. Depending on your needs, you can open up the panels from the bottom or from the top.
They come with a feature a unique construction with two railings that enables these blinds to be opened from both ends simultaneously. With these blinds, you get the versatility of protecting your window and enjoying the right amount of privacy as you need. The biggest reason why these blinds are extremely popular is that they’re ideal for any time of the day. Unlike blackout blinds, these blinds won’t completely block light but rather control or filter the amount of light to a certain extent. Here are certain features that make these blinds a popular choice:
• It’s easy to use and maintain. These blinds conventionally come with two strings that operate the two railings that the panels are connected too.
• Love the view and sun rays? Don’t want to compromise on privacy? You can get the best of both worlds with TDBU blinds simply because you can adjust panels from both ends.
• When we’re watching a fun show or just trying to unwind with the television, just a single glare of light can ruin it all. TDBU blinds give you more leverage to control the source of light. This, in turn, gives you more flexibility to enjoy the light without the glare.
• Want to go all wireless with your window treatments? TDBU allows you to choose the wireless option so that you can operate these blinds from any corner of the home.
Are There Alternatives to Top-Down-Bottom-Up Blinds?
When it comes to picking the right window shade for your space, people are not only stumped with choices but are also often confused with them. There are various blinds that provide similar functionality as top-down-bottom-up blinds. They may not have the same in design or look but they do provide that similar flexibility when it comes to enjoying light control as well as having your space enjoy as much privacy as you would like. With technology and design rapidly improving in the current decade, many homeowners can now seek to look at smarter, durable and ideal window treatments. Here are a few alternatives you can look out for if you’re going for something different from top-down-bottom-up blinds:
1) Zebra Sheer Shades:
Love the view the outside world brings? Don’t want to compromise on natural lighting and privacy? That’s where window treatments as elegant as sheer shades come into the picture. These are delicate looking coverings that provide you with the flexibility of allowing as much light as you like while still providing you with a bit of privacy. It comes in a light, translucent design that will easily enhance the aesthetics of almost any window space. Your window space will be Instagram and Pinterest ready in no time!
2) Day-Night Cellular Shades:
Love the day time look as well as the night time shade? Looking for innovative ways to invest in window treatments that would let you enjoy the sun in the morning and darkness at night? The day-night cellular shades are just what you might be looking for! These are window blinds that come with two distinct fabrics. You can let down the light filtering fabric during the day for sunlight and let down the blackout fabric during the night to catch up with some ZZZs.
3) 1″ or 2″ PerfectVue Shades:
When it comes to design, we always try to pick the best that provides versatility. These blinds are perfect as they’re a cross between cellular and pleated shades. They feature dual fabrics stacked on each other. You can get the top half in pleated shades so that it filters in light while the bottom half of the shade can be made of blackout material like in cellular shades. Here you can have similar functionality as TDBU blinds in terms of versatility in both privacy and light control!