Amazon Alexa Smart Blinds & Shades
Control Your Smart Shades with Amazon Alexa
With Virtual Cord Smart Shades, controlling your shades with Amazon Alexa is now easier than ever. These shades can pair directly to a Z-wave smart hub, allowing you to automate your shades, control them with voice commands through Amazon Alexa, or use them with your smartphone. Virtual Cord Smart Shades are one of the only products on the market that allow full control of your shades to any percentage. A Hubitat Elevation or SmartThings hub is required for voice control and smartphone control.
Find Your Favourite Alexa-Compatible Shades
How To Control Your Window Coverings With Your Voice (Amazon Alexa)
Example Voice Commands:
- “Alexa, turn on [name of shade/name of group]” - Opens your shades
- “Alexa, turn off [name of shade/name of group]” - Closes your shades
- “Alexa, close [name of shade/name of group]” - Alternative command to close your shades
- “Alexa, set [name of shade/name of group] to [percentage]” - Opens your shades to a certain percentage
How to enable Alexa control:
- Follow the instructions included with your shades and pair them to the SmartThings hub
- Go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
- Login and then click on My Locations, then click on your hub name. Login again if it asks you to.
- Go to My Devices, then click on the device name for the shade
- Click on Edit, and under device type choose dimmer switch and save. Repeat step 4 and 5 for every shade.
- Now go to your Alexa app and rediscover devices.